Diploma in Cyber Law
Cyber law is the “law governing cyber space”. In today’s highly digitalized world, almost everyone is affected by cyber law.
Sonopant Dandekar Shikshan Mandali ’s Law College (SDSMLC) has joined hands with Asian School of Cyber Laws (ASCL), Pune to conduct the ‘Diploma in Cyber Law ’ program.
This course was launched by ASCL in 2004. In the last 11 years it has been completed by more than 30,000 participants including Judges, Police Officers, Lawyers & Law students, IT professionals & Engineering students, Chartered accountants & CA students, Company Secretaries & CS students, Tax & other Government officials, Military personnel, Management Professionals, Commerce Graduates and students.
Founded in 1999, Asian School of Cyber Laws (ASCL) is a global pioneer in Cyber Law, Cyber Crime Investigation and Digital Forensics. ASCL works with the Government, Corporates, Enforcement and Military agencies across the world. ASCL has assisted the Government of India in framing draft rules and regulations under the Information Technology Act, drafting model rules for the functioning of Cyber Cafes and drafting the Information Age Crimes Act. ASCL has also assisted the Controller of Certifying Authorities in drafting regulations relating to the recognition of foreign certifying authorities.
Apart from training law enforcement agencies of several states, ASCL has also conducted training programs for the judiciary in several states.
Objectives of the Course
1. To help participants get an in-depth understand of the Information Technology Act, 200.
2. To understand the ancillary laws which have been affected by the Information Technology Act, 2000 like:
- Copyright Law
- Trade Marks Law
- The Indian Evidence Act
- Copyright Law
- Indian Contract Act
- Bankers Book Evidence Act
3. To help participants become abreast with the developing trends in cyber law.
4. To facilitate in the understanding of cyber crimes and the laws relating to them
- Fundamentals of Cyber Law
- E-commerce: Legal issues.
- Intellectual Property Issues & Cyber space: Indian Perspective.
- Cyber Crime law in India
- Duration: 6 months
- Contact Classes: 5 Online contact classes of 2 hours each.
- Examination: Online Exam of 2 hours (100 Marks)
- Course Fees: Rs. 5,000/-
- Payment Modes:
- Cash – Payable at college
- Application form: free of cost – available at college
- Last Date for application: 31st August 2018
- Date of commencement of course: 1st September 2018
- Application and Admission timings:
- Monday to Friday: 10:30am – 4:00 pm (1:00 pm to 2:00 pm lunch break)
- Saturday: 10:30am – 1:00 pm
- Course material: Printed & digital format
- Passing Criteria: 40 / 100
- Certification: successful candidates will be given a joint certification by SDSMLC and ASCL.
- Contact person:
- Miss. Bhavana K. Igaral (SDSMLC); Contact Number: +91- 9359223350
- Mr. Hitesh Dave (ASCL); Contact Number: +91- 9819991623
- Mr. Gokul Narayan – Head, Business Development & Lead Faculty ASCL.
- Prof. Disha S. Tiwari – Faculty SDSMLC
- Ms. Trupti Lokhande – Administrator, ASCL